9, జులై 2016, శనివారం
Temperature – Kinetic energy:
Activity showing the Kinetic energy of the particles depends upon the temperature:
1. Take two bowls one with hot water and second with cold water.
2. Sprinkle food color on the surface of the water in both bowls.
3. We observe that the jiggling of the grains of food color in hot water is more when compared to the jiggling in cold water.
4. Bodies possess kinetic energy when they are in motion. We observe the kinetic energy of the particles in hot water is more when compared to the kinetic energy of the particles in cold water.
5. The temperature of the body is an indicator of the average kinetic energy of molecules of that body.
6. “The average kinetic energy of the molecules is directly proportional to the absolute temperature.
Average K.E. α T (in K)